Wednesday, January 12, 2011

There's got to be a pattern to it...

So you know what I don't understand? The common saying "random strangers".
Such as; "I just threw the fliers at random strangers" etc.
If these people really are strangers, does it matter if you selected them randomly or not? Could you even select them in an order?

I guess you could sit down, estimate the number of people on a street at any given time and make a pattern to the ones you throw things to...Such as two people on the right, three on the left...
But really...They are still strangers...Does it really matter?!
WHY BE RANDOM!?!

I also want to know where such a phrase originated from...I want to know it's history. Etymology is a hobby of mine and I do enjoy discovering the genesis of a word or phrase.

Uhh well that was a interest tangent for my brain to run off...I had a plan for this nice new post but my fingers just sort of got into a rhythm...

D.
And on that note, BYEE!

1 comment:

  1. It's random strangers when there is no specific type of stranger or target audience... If you handed out fliers to only strangers in blue shirts, or only strangers who looked to be teenagers, then they wouldn't be random.

    ReplyDelete