Friday, January 7, 2011

Sleep is for the weak...I guess that's why we need it.

So it's 5:32am, I woke up at 4 after spending much of the day going shopping for new clothes and buying a whole load of books instead. I think it was a productive effort.
Among my book based purchases was a perfect conditioned, hardback cover of the book MYST: The Book of Ti'Ana. Which is based on the ever huge Myst universe.
Oh and it was $5.00.
I was ever so pleased.
However this is where the problem comes for me...I don't really know much OF the Myst universe. I haven't played the games, I have looked at them from time to time, but I don't know heaps. From my understanding and reading so far, the book I bought is a stand alone in the series, which is awfully convenient because I don't know much about it as I explained.
Oh and it did come with a lovely map...It is fuckin' gorgeous.
I like maps by the way, mostly fantasy ones.
So from the books acknowledgments and such, I've discovered it took quite a few people to translate the language of Myst for the book itself, which means there is so much Nerddom that I am not aware of.
I just want to know more about the universe now, I want to see if it was based of one guy making up a language and just developing a world for it or if it was the other way around etc...

Well that's about me done, and I just wanted to let you know that I have a good day.
BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment