Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The 'Kive - Past, Present & Future

It has certainly been quiet around here, and i'll get into that in a moment, but first, let me just say that The Arkhive has now been up for over a year, that's right, we've actually had our first birthday. Back in March last year, The Arkhive came about due to a friends constant nagging for me to start a blog, my insistence that i wouldn't have enough shit to say to actually fill a blog, and some late night convo's convincing other people to help me fill it with whatever random shit we wanted. Several hours later (about 10 minutes filling out details and 4 hours 50 minutes trying to find a semi-decent available name) The Arkhive was born and we started posting, not knowing if anyone would read it (they mostly haven't), what the future would hold (gaming news, rants and random mikey-ness mostly) or how long it would last (admittedly, much longer than i suspected). As of recently The 'Kive (as the authors affectionately call it... ok, as i call it when i'm yelling at my monitor because something broke) has become inactive, largely as i lost interest and got tired of just spamming it with the latest news. Mikey has taken made an effort to keep it up, but with uni back on, i suspect he won't be able to sustain it for long. Which brings us to the future portion of this article... and here's a surprise, i have NO intention of calling it quits. Over the next week or so, i'll be getting in contact with Mikey and Steve to discuss the future of The Arkhive, what we want out of it, and what we want to put into it. Whether that ends with us deciding it is time for The Arkhive to be sealed and buried, or whether it means breathing new life into it via whatever crazy methods we think of (i'm betting psychotic artificial intelligence) will be seen. So keep checking back and we'll see what happens.

P.S. I'll see about getting some news flowing through again until we figure shit out.

1 comment:

  1. Firstly, Happy birthday to us! WOOO!
    Secondly...That was a lovely long conversation about trying to get a name. I should know, I was there. Good times...Good times.

    And I guess the restly (Fuck thirdly, fuck it to the floor) - I'm trying to keep the 'Kive kicking, I really am, as Scoot says UNI has taken over my life a bit, and unfortunately it's mostly because of work this year and not partying...Damn.

    I patiently wait for Scoot to chat to me as I have some ideas/just want to talk about what we can do to get the wheels turning again with full force.

    My name is Mikey and this is a comment.

    ReplyDelete