Thursday, March 24, 2011

This shouldn't be a habit...

I may have just found a way to get regular posts done. However it's not a good one.

University.

How are you enjoying my university?...I'm one of my English classes right now. We have just finished a writing exercise.
It was nothing spectacular, I mean what I wrote was...Clearly.
But the setting we were given was to write about a character at a bus stop who has just had the most amazing news possible. Something wonderful has happened, however we aren't allowed to say what it is and just sort of give the impression about what the character sees around them.
Then, unsurprisingly we have to take it all away from them.

It was an interesting task. I wrote in second person, which is a first for me. If you don't know, second person is all "You noticed something on your arm" etc.

The room I am in is a small, boxed in little hot box. There are 12 people sitting, while comfortable, we don't seem to want to make eye contact. Not me. I'm amazing. Just so you know. I'm the only one who answers questions, talks and reads my stuff out loud.
I'll let you decided what is wrong in that paragraph.

So yeah this shouldn't become a habit.
My name is Mikey and right now we're talking about the metaphysics of insects.

1 comment:

  1. such an easy exercise... clearly the person waiting at the bus stop saw their friends roll up in a car and went to go party because of the wonderful event that is transpiring, but then they realise they can't because it's the wrong day of the week.

    ReplyDelete