Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sleepless With Anticipation

I know I post about them alot, but they deserve it.




Parkway Drive have released a track off their upcoming album "Deep Blue" on their Myspace.

Listen to Sleepwalker here - And hit "Read More" for my thoughts on the track


"Sleepwalker" is a great track. I especially am amazed at Winston's vocals on this track. If this is what we can expect for the rest of the album then I am extremely happy. You can instantly tell he has widened his vocal range, as well as put a lot of time into the lyrics - "How the fuck am I supposed to feel, when everything I know, lies broken at my feet".

Even though the vocals may be the highlight at the moment, let's not forget the other instruments. Straight away, I noticed that the recording/mixing of the drums has vastly improved. After listening to this track, then going back to one of their previous songs, you can easily tell that the drums feel alot fuller, and pack more of a punch.

Finally, the guitars and bass. Honestly, apart from a small solo at the end, there is nothing amazing or remarkable about the guitars. There is no tapping sections (Smoke 'Em, Romance) or crazy guitar work (Breaking Point, Gimme A.D.). But they do still have an awesome couple of riffs running throughout. And remember, this only 1 song.

And with that, if this is only 1 song, then I honestly cannot wait for the new album. June 25th could not come sooner.

Steve-O

No comments:

Post a Comment