Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bioshocked

Did you purchase the new DLC for Bioshock 2? If you did then I'm sure you would have noticed that there wasn't much of a wait to download the pack, due to it being minuscule in size, in fact it weighs in at 108KB... However this has put 2K games into the line of fire as many players begin to question whether the content was on the disc all along and the 400MS points where merely spent on an unlock key. 2K Elizabeth, 2K Games community manager, posted a response on the forums to address the issue, but the post doesn't deny the claims but rather avoids giving an outright answer at all. So with DLC becoming more popular and lucrative, do you think it's fair for developer's to charge us for content that was ready before the game shipped, or is this just blatant money grubbing?

2 comments:

  1. While I don't like it, I think it probably is fair. I mean with all the troubles with pirated games and such money profits have been drained slightly...I mean sure they still make a bucket load but businesses are greedy and why not get it back.
    But then again that also doesn't work solely for pirated games...Because if the content on the disc is already there, when pirated it could be released for free by clever coders.While I don't like it, I think it probably is fair. I mean with all the troubles with pirated games and such money profits have been drained slightly...I mean sure they still make a bucket load but businesses are greedy and why not get it back.
    But then again that also doesn't work solely for pirated games...Because if the content on the disc is already there, when pirated it could be released for free by clever coders.

    ReplyDelete